‘Be a lamp, or a lifeboat, or a ladder. Help someone’s soul heal. Walk out of your house like a shepherd.’ — Rumi
- camp and campers! i’m working with an upward bound camp for the next month, and i am already astounded by these girls’ stories. lots and lots of hurt but boundless spirits and determination, for sure.
- breaking rules in the right places. last night we talked about really heavy stuff, so all of the counselors and i hung out with some of the girls in their rooms past curfew and cut up and danced around. an RA came and told us to go back to our rooms because we were being too loud- oops.
- free laundry and snacks. yes.
- my apartment because it isn’t the dorm room i’ve been living in for the past few days. looking forward to a weekend in my dry, comfortable, quiet room.
- snail mail from friends in faraway places!